Thursday 23 February 2012

studio details

Good morning - it's Thursday did you know??  I must admit I am quite shocked that we are closer to the end of the week than the beginning as this week has been a blur...

I am a little overwhelmed at the amount of projects and excitement that this year has contained so far.  Lots of little adventures, beautiful bespoke orders, the loveliest of people I have met, the new friends that have entered into my life... I have to admit I am a tad emotional as I type this, I worked hard over the last 18 months to place down the stepping stones to my little home studio run business that I now run full time.  I won't lie that it is easy, for any of you who are self employed will know that the hours are unkind, you miss out on lots of social occasions, you have to spin in a 'controlled way' lots of plates... but I won't waffle on about my ideas and thoughts of business you can read this in an article here (if you like).... I suppose what I am trying to say is that I am in a contented and happy place, I feel so lucky to work here in this 'private den' from sunrise to moonlight. 

I have had a busy time since January - a to do list that ran along the length of Windsor Road.  I am a little exhausted to say the least, a little drained-but in a good way, if that makes sense.  However,  I will receive a tonic of love, laughter, plenty of fun, a little mischief (because I am sharing a car with Becky Mitchell and Tea With Ruby) and amazing people this weekend as I pootle down the A19/A1/M1 to exhibit my wares at Mrs Scoops Vintage Fair all the way down to Buckinghamshire. I will also be meeting lots of lovely people from the wedding and creative industries at a little tweet up on Saturday night.  So I will paint my nails, brush my hair, look a little like 'a laydee' and will see you next week for a full report......

Here a few photos taken in the studio over the last couple of weeks......


a pretty little invitation order from The Vintage Drawer





 a stitched and collaged collection from The Cotton & Herb range





 a collection of 'love brooches' specially made for The Biscuit Factory's
Summer Exhibition in Newcastle upon Tyne
If you fancy making your own 'Love Brooch' you may want
to attend one of my The Vintage Drawer Workshops...



A collection of signs for Stylist/Author

 A new collection of cake ribbons busily being pinned and stitched



The setting up and workings out of the wedding fairs
I will be attending



...and a french corsage order all ready to be packed and posted to Belfast...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...