Wednesday 25 January 2012

armchair journeys #12

'The Start-up Wife' - Emily Quinton


I know a lady, well I say I know her, I feel as if I know her. I have yet to have a conversation face to face but I have followed/admired Emily Quinton closely (without stalking I may add) for what seems like a fair few years, although it may only be a cluster of months. I adore Emily's photography, not only her weddings but also her beautiful floral art prints. I am desperate to learn more about my camera so I can indulge in attending one of her courses. It is an aspiration at least. But most of all I love how she shares her life, just wonderful little whispers of her beautiful family. What is the most delightful thing is that Emily has recently began a new blog - 'The Start-up Wife' - as a work at home Mum I love seeing other people's 'coping' mechanisms, how other families operate, to hopefully be inspired, to feel the same, to see that at times, when I think my own family isn't normal, there I see everyone else spinning the same plates. So The Start-up Wife is where I'd like to take you this week, all tooked up in your armchair with your laptop on knee and a warming cup on the coffee table....

Here's how the name for her blog came about....

"My name is Emily and some of you may know me as a photographer. I am also the wife of a wonderful, very smart man and together we have three beautiful young children. When people ask me what my husband does, I often stumble. Right now he is the co-founder of a very successful start up in London, He is, you might say, a start-up addict. He's brilliant at coming up with ideas and making things happen. This is both amazing, exciting and brilliant, and scary, stressful and often risky.
We live the start-up life, the entrepreneurial life. He's the part that goes out and makes fabulous things happen. I am the part that stays at home and keeps it all together. It's not easy. It takes a huge amount of energy, guts, risk taking, love, trust, strength and above all a belief in each other."




2 comments:

Mrs Scoops said...

I am also a huge fan of emilys work and was lucky enough to take Betty to her wedding which may I add was utterly amazing!!! Every detail was just dreamy !!!
Even made mr scoops want to do it all again.... Of course with me xxx
I have also had the pleasure of spending time drinking tea and playing with her beautiful children xx
And what an honour it was indeed xx
Thank you lovely Emily , such an amazing lady xxx

vicky trainor said...

All these wonderful inspirational ladies I have met last year and I hope to meet Emily one day!!xxx See you in 4 weeks Hayley....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...