Wednesday 30 March 2011

plants, places and lemon drizzle

...two gorgeous things have happened to me today, the first was being handed a lemon drizzle cake - deliciously homebaked by my friend Fiona as a pick me up (been working long long hours!!) - I would show you a photo but unfortunatley it was too late it was devoured by The Hunter Household (Mrs Hunter (aka me!!) may have had a couple of slices)...


The second was to receive a postal surprise from my mate Catherine - Plants & Places by Angie Lewin arrived today as a little thank you and I have only just opened it - I cried (blame it on exhaustion and lack of fresh air!!). Not only because I have been wanting (needing) this book for so long but because it was such a wonderful and unexpected gift.....

...what have I been up to today??? - pinking with sheers, stitching, embroidering and mending linens (with the help from Mum) making more invitation booklets, preparing signs before embellishment and selecting the linen square pieces for these pretty little favour seed pouches that we are making for Lauren. We have printed the name of her grandmother 'violet may' on the front and each little linen pouch will contain violet seeds - wrapped in tissue for her guests to plant in memory of her grandma. We think this is such a simple and beautiful way of remembering a loved one on such a special day...

1 comment:

Katy Howieson said...

such a gorgeous idea! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...