Wednesday 23 February 2011

little plot of land

I can honestly say I cannot live without my garden, the little plot of land I escape to. I would like to boast that I know what I am doing, I try, but I have a lot to learn. I watch the programmes that are supposed to educate about the quality of soil and perfect position for sun, I have every coffee table book to inspire. I miss it desperately in the winter when all I can do is look out from the kitchen window and hope that all my plants return for the warm season. So today the sun was shining and I know I shouldn't have but a few snips were made (hope I haven't made them too early!) just so I could bring a little of the garden into the studio.

The warmer seasons are almost upon us, the scent of roses, sweet peas, lavender, thyme and the return of colour to the garden, the early morning pots of tea to start the working day. Perfect. But for now I shall turn the central heating up a notch, fliter through magazines in the armchair and enjoy the cosyness of lamp light and a glass of sherry (you don't have to be over 60 to enjoy a glass of Harvey's Bristol - it's the blueness of the glass bottle that entices me everytime)...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...