Tuesday 15 February 2011

a drifting day

...working long hours has left me feeling unsettled today. Every task I seem to start - I get distracted. So I have made a pot of coffee and allowed my eyes to dance away to the pile of magazines that have been building and the links to sites that I have stored away to look at for a day such as today.... a drifting day.
Cast your eyes over these beautiful creations from designer Erdem Moralioglu, I have just read an article by Emine Saner from the Guardian which led me to take a look more closely to his latest collection, I just loved reading his thoughts and his stories of inspiration.....
"From vintage wallpaper to . . ." He smiles as he remembers: "A friend found a Victorian book of etchings of birds from the tropics in a skip. It was an old, raggy, water-soaked book and that was the starting point for a whole collection. I manipulated these pictures of these weird birds of paradise. It can start from anything, a scrap of paper, an old postcard. I have a book addiction. If there is a book I want, I will track it down obsessively." You can read the article from last September here...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...